"SZABIST is an affirmative action / equal opportunity employer"
Dean of Management Science
- To provide high caliber academic leadership and management for the department, improve research output, and ensure courses meet the required accreditation standards.
- To coordinate, advise and liaise with the President, Vice President (Academics), and other relevant officials of the institution for teaching, research, extension, development and administrative matters.
- Responsible for curriculum development of his/her department and its implementation ensuring that it is fully in line with the requirements of the HEC and other regulatory bodies. Also ensures that his/ her department(s) and programs in all the SZABIST campuses are following the approved curriculum.
- To participate in the recruitment and professional career development of his/her faculty.
- To take lead in dealing with all matters related to accreditation of the programs in his/her faculty and HEC ranking.
- To provide guidance to the faculty (including Program Managers & HoD), students and staff members of his/ her department in the efficient conduct of the teaching and research, as appropriate with guidance of VP – Academics.
- To supervise the conduct and discipline of the faculty and students of his/her respective departments and ensures about the maintenance of ZABDESK, timely classes, exams, etc.
- To recommend faculty (including Program Managers and HoD), students and staff members of his/her department for training, fellowship, scholarships and other academic distinctions.
- To participate in and contribute to the relevant Governing Bodies of SZABIST as and when required.
- To teach one (1) course in regular semesters. Also get involve him/herself in research like supervision of ISs, Thesis, Dissertations, and SZABIST Publications.
- To perform any other duties and functions as may be assigned to, or vested in him/her by the Vice President (Academics) and President, SZABIST
- At least 15 years of teaching experience in academic instruction.
Head of Media Sciences
- To provide strong academic leadership, management, and oversight of Film/TV Production, Advertising, Journalism, and Media Studies.
- To ensure high standards of faculty performance.
- To provide academic and research leadership to the faculty, students and the researchers in the department.
- To act as a focal person vis-à-vis SZABIST senior management, Higher Education Commission and other relevant regulatory agencies and authorities.
- Responsible for calling and chairing inter and intra-departmental meetings with respect to SZABIST Board of Studies, Academics Heads Committee, Academic Council, and other relevant committee meetings as and when invited or needed.
- To provide leadership, direction, and continuity for the long term planning and operational execution in academics, research, administrative, and other media related activities for SZABIST.
- To oversee department’s academic program, and must promote the department, monitor admissions and enrollment, and should also facilitate curriculum design ensuring alignment with current market trends and accreditation guidelines.
- To work with faculty to establish learning objectives and outcomes of courses, oversee assessment and direct recruitment, retention, advising and timely student graduation.
- To oversee management of department’s resources – state-of-the-art equipment, studios, media labs, and on-campus radio channel.
- At least Master’s degree in Film/TV Production, Advertising and/or PhD in Media Studies or other related fields from a foreign or an HEC recognized University.
Associate System Engineer
- Accepts responsibility for the lab equipment and ensures that all the computers (with up-to-date software and antivirus), printers, scanners are running properly and are in working order.
- Provide technical support to the students and teachers in the use of computers during lab sessions. To conduct online admissions test, teacher evaluation sessions, seminars, workshops and installs the required software and troubleshoots the related problems.
- Monitors activities and behavior of students in the lab and enforces all rules concerning the use of labs to ensure the physical and environmental safety of students.
- Provides solution for the hardware, software, LAN, user account, Zabdesk password and virus security related problems to the faculty, departments, and classroom PCs
- Minimum 2 years experience in the relevant field.
Web Designer / Front-End Developer
- The Web Designer works on a variety of projects, where they are primarily involved in web site design and development, including creation of custom graphics.
- Development – implements approved designs in WordPress or other technologies, including coordinating with application developers.
- Multi-media – develops logos, creates and edit flash animations and other multimedia contents
- Determines technical requirements – interface with clients/managers to gather specifications on the desired task
- At least 2 years of experience
- Responsible for graphic designing and web development for all campuses’ websites.
- Regular web maintenance for all the campuses.
- Deployment and complete maintenance of Faculty DAR.
- Maintenance of SZABIST SMS Server
- At least 2 years of experience in the relevant field.